Sure, temperatures are slowly rising, and they are only going to get warmer as summer approaches. However, that does not mean that you should let any heating repairs that you need fall by the wayside. Your radiant heating system in Santa Cruz, CA needs regular attention and prompt repairs in order to keep it functioning efficiently and effectively.
One issue that homeowners often overlook is the need for radiator repair. Your radiator is responsible for keeping your home warm during those chilly winter nights. Sure, summer might be coming, but we still have some chilly weather ahead of us. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the signs that your radiator needs repair, and below we have listed a few of them. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need Repairs?
As we mentioned above, it is important to be aware of the signs that you need radiator repair. This way, you can contact a professional heating technician right away. Be on the lookout for:
- Uneven temperature: If you notice that some areas of your home are warmer or cooler than others, it might just be that your radiator needs repair. Be sure to have it checked out by a professional.
- Radiator leak: Any noticeable leaks are a cause for concern. Don’t hesitate to contact a professional if you notice fluid around your radiator.
- Strange sounds: Your radiator should not be making any strange sounds. If you hear anything that resembles banging, screeching, humming, or rattling, be sure to contact a professional.
- Unpleasant odors: There are a number of reasons as to why you notice a foul smell coming from your radiator. It could be something as simple as dust or it could be indicative a leak. Be sure to call a professional who can accurately diagnose the problem.
- Excessive steam: Excessive steam from your radiator could be a sign that something is wrong. Sure, some steam coming from the system is to be expected, but too much is definitely a cause for concern.
If You Have a Problem…
If you notice any issues with your radiator, it is best to contact a professional heating technician right away. Waiting to schedule your repairs could make the problem worse, leaving you with a much higher repair bill. Plus, waiting to schedule repairs will cause your system to grow more and more inefficient, causing your monthly heating bills to skyrocket.
Additionally, don’t ever trust an amateur for your radiator repairs. Of course, there are going to be plenty of amateurs willing to service your system, but sometimes an attempt to save money can end up costing you more in the long run. Only a professional has the knowledge, training, and experience to accurately diagnose complex heating issues. So, contact our team instead! We specialize in radiant heating — it’s in our name! Our technicians here at California Radiant are eager and ready to assist you with whatever you may need!
If you need radiator repairs, be sure to contact the professionals at California Radiant to schedule your services.